๐ŸŒฑ Off the Clock Design Challenge - Node-RED

Let's get some data MY OWN WAY!

Thomas Watteyne did a great job with this guide. In the link there is a guide how to use Node-RED application with cooperation to the JsonServer. I already mentioned this guide two blog post earlier or so but no sooner than today came the right moment to follow the guide.

Long story short. I spend about 10 hours searching and trying to get data but without any success. I decided to ask Thomas for an advice. He replied very soon and the guys named Bill Lindsay and Jonathan Simon helped me a lot. 

Here is a list of tasks I obtained from Bill:

  • Using the DC2321A I would understand what is being sent to the mote and what is coming back from the mote.  Have you done this?  I think you know what bytes to send and what bytes come back?  Until you understand this, do not move to step 2
  • Using API Explorer I would make sure I can send the right bytes to the mote and receive the expected response from the mote.  Until you can do this, do not move on to step 3.  If you aren’t getting a response from the motes, it means one of three things:
  • you have forgotten to subscribe to notifications in API Explorer.  If this is the problem, then subscribe
  • you are sending the wrong bytes.  If this is the problem, go back to step 1 and figure it out
  • the mote has become broken in the process.  If this is the problem, go back to step 1 and confirm you’ve broken your mote
  • After you have step 2 working, construct a flow that sends the correct bytes and handles data notifications
The successful result of the point 3:



After a few hours I was able to "code" this Node-RED flow:



This flow was finally able to show the current temperature data from the Mote ๐Ÿ™

As I mentioned in the last post, there is a long list of features the Mote can provide:


As you can see there is 17 items and at least 13 are direct physical values of something real! The most interresting are:
  • ADC0-3
  • I2C Data

Regarding ADC0-3, there is a direct representation on the Mote:

The AI_0-3 unconnected inputs are the ADC inputs I would need.

More from the documentation of the LTP5901-IPM:


The I2C Data opens a vast spectrum of possibilities. I hope it is useless to describe what I2C is and what can offer the wide I2C devices portfolio. 

๐ŸŽฏ Next step

To get the temperature data to the MQTT server or something accessible from the remote distance.

Comments

Popular Posts